Thursday, April 10, 2014

20% Project April 11

Well my project is actually very relevant to what we are learning right now in class. My project is about teaching through the video game, Minecraft, and it focusing on the organization MinecraftEdu. MinecraftEdu is group of people dedicated to getting an education modification of Minecraft into classrooms around the world. We actually watched a video about MinecraftEdu for one of our blog posts a couple weeks ago.  Currently our class is focusing on teaching through blogs, videos, and video games. During class discussions, I am applying everything that my teacher and classmates are saying to my project. I am very passionate about this topic and it is nice to know that others feel the same way. Some classmates in my group are sharing ideas and thoughts with me that I never considered before.

                On Wednesday’s class, we have to come up with an example of a video game that is a good example of a teaching aid. We came up with different games for different subjects like Portal for physics and Lemonade Stand for economy. I tried to think about my project and what subject Minecraft would fall under. I had a hard time thinking of a specific focus and then I realized that Minecraft is more of a way for students to be creative. Don’t get me wrong, there is a ton of knowledge children can learn from Minecraft. However, since it has so much variety and information to learn, I wouldn’t classify it under a specific subject. I would just classify it as a medium for students to express their own ideas while learning different skills applicable to life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment