Friday, February 28, 2014

20% Project February 28

I think that I will benefit a lot from what I learn. I am interested in incorporating new teaching strategies into my future job, and that includes the progression of teaching through video games like Minecraft. Researching about MinecraftEdu will help me find ways to teach through one of my favorite video games which will possibly benefit me a lot in my career. The others who will benefit from this will possibly be the children that I help in the future. I believe that video games are great for keeping a child’s attention so if we can utilize it for teaching, a lot more learning will probably occur. If I want to benefit future children, it would be a good idea to convince schools and parents that this is a good idea. Playing video games in school doesn’t really sound like actual learning. I would write my blog with a new lesson every post; I would also try and think outside of the box with ideas from MinecraftEdu with my own twists. If I ever got a chance to teach a child through Minecraft, I would also post updates of his or her progress on my blog to prove that the child is learning. Since I probably won’t be teaching in a classroom setting and I’ll be working one-on-one, it’ll be a chance to focus on one individual and correctly evaluate his or her progression. I would also ask the child often how they feel about this teaching strategies to make sure they even like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment