Tuesday, February 25, 2014

20% Project February 14

When I first started looking for topics for my 20% project, I already had a broad idea of what I wanted to research. I knew that I wanted to learn about the integration of video gaming in classrooms after I read an article about it last semester. When I began searching, I read about different games like Angry Birds, World of Warcraft, and others. I knew that “Integrating video games in classrooms” would be a very broad topic so I chose one video game specifically to research about. I choose Minecraft because it is one of my favorite video games and I’ve learned a lot from just leisurely playing it over the years. I can easily see how this game could be implemented into a classroom setting.
To make it even more specific, I going to research about an organization called MinecraftEdu that was created to help get Minecraft into classrooms. Minecraft is interactive survival game where kids can explore and create whatever they can imagine. The game forces kids to think critically and creatively at all times.
To divide my project into different questions for each week, I will focus on a new lesson to be learned each week. There are so many different tools, machines, kids can build. MinecraftEdu created a modification specifically made to help teachers teach through the game. I could focus on a new lesson from that modification each week and ask questions about it. With my extensive knowledge on the game, I can ask very well informed questions also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment