Friday, March 7, 2014

20% Project March 7

Because my project is about a multiplayer game, it is very easy to find information about it on social media sites. There are thousands of Minecraft servers where groups of friends can go on and play together over the internet. I am currently in a server with some friends and we have a facebook group as well to ask questions and share our creations with each other. Other social media sites like tumblr and reddit are great ways for people to discuss the game. There is a sub-reddit where people post tutorials, photos, stories, questions, videos, and more all about Minecraft. Whenever I have a question, I could write to the facebook group, write on the server, post on reddit, etc. Social media really makes Minecraft more comprehensive. I haven’t really commented on any related blogs yet, but it has helped me to ask questions on reddit and facebook so it’s probably a good idea as well. Youtube has also served as a really great tool for learning about the game. In a video medium, people are able to easily show and explain how they built their creation. Text and pictures are usual as well, but sometimes the more complicated builds could really use a video with a voice walking through it. Overall social media really has benefitted my knowledge and understanding of the game. Now, I can properly understand how teachers are using the game. I understand all the mechanics and how they built what they built. Hopefully I can use this knowledge to teach others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment